Follow the steps below to register for an examination:
NOTE: If you need to take a Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT), please visit http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Educator_Testing/Pre-Admission_Content_Test/ for your instructions.
- Login or create your TEAL account at https://tealprod.tea.state.tx.us.
- Once logged in, click on the Educator link to access your educator certification records.
- You will need to update your educator profile information, and click Continue to save your changes.
- Locate your TEA ID number at the top of the account screen. This number will be required for test registration.
- Obtain test authorization from your educator preparation program or TEA. In most cases, certified educators seeking additional classroom teaching areas will not need special approval.
Once you have received test authorization:
- Log on to the testing company’s website at texes.ets.org.
- Click on Register.
- Click on New User or Existing Users.
- Enter your TEA ID number.
- Enter the requested information, making sure that all the information you provide is exactly the same as listed in your TEA certification account. Your name and address must match on both websites and must match your valid photo ID card such as a driver’s license.