TEA logo TEA Website Contact TEA Sign Up For Updates TEA Secure ApplicationsTEAL LoginTEASE Login

How do I apply for military fee exemption for certification?

Set up your educator account if you have not already done so.

You must apply for the military exemption before completing an application. To submit your request securely, please visit the Help Desk and upload the following documents for review.

  • A written request for the exemption, including your TEA ID or the last four digits of your social security number
  • Current email address and daytime phone number
  • Active duty service members – military ID (front and back) and current state ID
  • Veterans – Current state ID and DD-214 (member-4) that shows release or separation from active duty was under honorable conditions
  • Military spouses of active duty service members – spouse's current state and military ID (front and back), active duty service member’s current state and military ID (front and back), and a copy of the marriage license. Military spouses of active duty members are exempt from the following application fees:
        • Review of Credentials
        • One-Year Certificate
        • Standard certificates for subject areas approved in your review of credentials
        • $11 of the registration fee for certification examinations administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS), this does not include registration fees for tests taken for certification by exam only

After the military documents have been reviewed, you will be notified by email with instructions.

Have more questions? Submit a request.

Have more questions? Submit a request